or visit the Summer Abroad website at www.summerabroad.utoronto.ca.
Study Abroad - International Exchange
- The World Could Be Yours!
- Arts & Science students in all departments are encouraged to participate in the international and Canadian exchanges offered through the International Student Exchange Office. These exchanges allow you to experience new cultures and languages in an academic setting while earning credits towards your U of T degree. Exchanges may be for one term or a full year, and most are open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- The cost of an exchange includes your U of T tuition plus incidental fees, along with the cost of living and studying abroad. While on exchange, you are still eligible to receive government assistance such as OSAP. There are also many specific scholarships and bursaries run by various U of T offices, and the ISXO itself administers a needs-based bursary program; for exchange students who qualify, this bursary will usually cover at least the cost of airfare.
- In general, undergraduate or graduate U of T students who have completed at least one year of full-time studies, with a minimum CGPA of 2.0, are eligible to apply. You must also achieve a minimum annual GPA of 2.5 for the year during which you apply. In addition, some exchange programs have special language requirements.
- Arts & Science students may choose from over 70 universities in: Australia, Austria, Canada, Chile, the Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and the West Indies.
- Please check the CIE Website for an up-to-date list of listing of our exchange partners.
- Applications for most programs are due by mid January, but you should always check with the ISXO about the specific exchange(s) that interest you.
- We offer the following courses in our Seville study abroad program:
- SPA100Y - Spanish for Beginners
- SPA255Y - Hispanic Culture
For more information, please contact the CIE: Koffler Student Services Centre
214 College Street, Room 202
Phone: (+1) 416-946-2564
Fax: (+1) 416-978-6110